Got a link for the Hot Routes? Send it to Twitter (@CBSSportsNFL).
- What if I told you there was a picture of Jimmy Clausen dressed as a Teletubby over at Cat Scratch Reader -- is that something you might be interested in?
- The Bears haven't scored yet in the third quarter this season. As the Sun-Times notes, this is a pretty big indictment of the halftime work that Lovie Smith and Mike Martz do at halftime. Also an indictment? Lovie's response: "I just think the odds say we're gonna get that part taken care of."
- Randy Lerner is apparently quite impressed with the work that Mike Holmgren's done since coming to Cleveland, calling him "eager and hungry." Or perhaps he just always hangs out with the walrus in the team cafeteria.
- Do not imply that Josh McDaniels has "lost his team" -- the Broncos players don't like that talk and they don't think it's true.
- The Green Bay Packers lead the NFL in both "players on injured reserve" and "important players on injured reserve." Neither of those are good statistics.
- The Texans are both the best offensive red zone team in the NFL AND the worst red zone defensive team in the league. That should make for some fun football on Monday night.
- Chan Gailey thinks C.J. Spiller will be just fine after losing a critical fumble against the Ravens in the first half that eventually provided the difference in the game (and won me my survivor league -- thanks CJ!)
- The Redskins signed former Brown (and Clemson product) James Davis to the practice squad. Doesn't he seem like the exact type of guy who could randomly run for 1,000 yards in Mike Shanahan's system? Sure does to me.
- Football Outsiders published their Week 7 DVOA rankings and OH MY GOD SAN DIEGO'S SPECIAL TEAMS ARE AWFUL.