Got a link for the Hot Routes? Hit us up on Twitter (@CBSSportsNFL).
- Nate Allen’s knee surgery was a success. The Eagles top two rookies from 2010 both had major knee injuries in December.
- Whatever the problem in Arizona might be (cough cough QUARTERBACK), Ken Whisenhunt insists it’s not players’ talent or work ethic.
- John Harbaugh is determined to end the frequent false start penalties in Baltimore.
- The Metrodome roof may need nine new panels. Four panels were damaged during the original collapse.
- Michael Strahan bashed his former team after it surrendered a 21-point lead in less than half a quarter Sunday.
- Raiders rookie linebacker Rolando McClain still isn’t practicing because of a soft-tissue injury in his foot, but he’s said to be improving. (Of course, by the time he’s healthy enough to play, Oakland’s season will likely be over.)
- The Steelers have contemplated replacing LT Jonathan Scott with Trai Essex, but they decided this week that they won’t make a change. It’s possible that coaches feel Essex’s versatility – he can play every position up front except center – makes him too valuable as a backup.