Posted by Josh Katzowitz
Mac’s Football Blog has an interesting chart on its website today which tells of each of the NFL players whose performances in 2010 triggered, through their specific contracts, base salary increases for 2011 (assuming, of course, there is a 2011).
Some interesting players/salaries listed here. For instance:
- Falcons QB Matt Ryan gets a $1 million raise to $11.25 million, while Ravens QB Joe Flacco will increase his salary $1.7 million to $4.485 million. Did you realize that Ryan makes nearly three times as much as Flacco? I did not.
- Browns WR Joshua Cribbs will see his base salary increase to $957,000. Which is about three times less than Bills QB Ryan Fitzpatrick will make ($3.195 million). Also, Cleveland CB Joe Haden, who will enter his second season, will earn about $2.55 million.
- Lions WR Calvin Johnson will lose about $1.5 million in base salary.
- Did you know that Dolphins tackle Jake Long will make $11.2 million next season? Did you know that OT Jason Smith (I believe he plays for the Rams) will earn $8.5 million next season?
- Finally, Buccaneers LB Geno Hayes ($1.04 million) will earn slightly more than franchise QB Josh Freeman ($940,000).
Are those figures cool with everyone? Because I think few of them are a little out of whack.
For more NFL news, rumors and analysis, follow @cbssportsnfl on Twitter and subscribe to our RSS Feed .