Posted by Josh Katzowitz
- This is hard to write about, but Steelers DE Brett Keisel did the deed the other day. He shaved off his beard, and even though it was at a charity event, I still feel hurt by his actions. I am sad today.
- Unless a lockout drags into the season, the Chargers aren’t looking to fire any staff. Pay cuts, however, are a different story.
- Whether QB Alex Smith returns to the 49ers, it looks like San Francisco wants to add two more QBs to the roster before the 2011 season. One of them most likely will not be David Carr.
- Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio thinks the previous injuries suffered by former Colts S Bob Sanders were fluky and he doesn’t judge them to be a current problem. That's good news for the free agent Sanders.
- Bengals coach Marvin Lewis admits it: he wasn’t a very good head coach last year. That’s probably not what he told Mike Brown during contract negotiations though.
- I’ve been meaning to mention this for a couple days, but Adam Jones – you know him better as Pacman – got probation for his role in the 2007 Las Vegas melee.
- Titans DE Jason Babin and the Tennessee organization haven’t spoken recently. Sounds like the Titans want to wait until a new CBA is finalized before they think about a new deal with the Pro Bowler.
- Apparently, if Nebraska CB Prince Amukamara is available for the Lions with the No. 13 pick, they’d be happy to take him. If not, it’s not expected Detroit will take another CB instead.
- If RB Brandon Jacobs returns to the Giants next season, expect him to get more carries. Coach Tom Coughlin says he’s still got plenty of gas in his tank.
For more NFL news, rumors and analysis, follow @cbssportsnfl on Twitter and subscribe to our RSS Feed .