Posted by Josh Katzowitz
- In this Pro Football Weekly report, sources tell the publication that the Rams could have some interest in Vikings WR Sidney Rice. Considering how lackluster the current crop of St. Louis receivers are, the move would make sense. But the Rams organization apparently also is leery of Rice’s hip injury that cost him much of last season.
- The Boston Herald wonders how Tom Brady’s image will be affected by the upcoming Brady v NFL case. Apparently, he can expect a hit to his short-term marketability.
- Ravens QB Joe Flacco is organizing a week-long practice schedule where he’ll throw to his receivers and tight ends (and perhaps his running backs as well).
- What will be the Jets philosophy on wide receivers in this month’s draft? Especially considering Santonio Holmes, Braylon Edwards and Brad Smith are all free agents.
- Cowboys practice squad WR Troy Bergeron is awesome in the Arena Football League. He caught six touchdown passes last Saturday.
- The creator of the Madden NFL video game is suing EA Sports for many, many millions of dollars. It could even reach into the b illions. And get this: Robin Antonick’s original game was released in 1988, and it was for Commodore 64, MS Dos and Apple II.
- Further cementing the idea that Da’Quan Bowers could fall out of the top-10 is Peter King of Sports Illustrated reporting that only one head coach (Arizona’s Ken Whisenhunt) and two GMs (Atlanta’s Thomas Dimitroff and Buffalo’s Buddy Nix) were in attendance at his Pro Day last week.
- It sounds like the Raiders aren’t all that interested in re-signing FS Michael Huff. Perhaps a job with the Cowboys isn’t out of the question.
For more NFL news, rumors and analysis, follow @cbssportsnfl on Twitter and subscribe to our RSS Feed .