Posted by Andy Benoit
- Judge Susan Nelson is consolidating the Brady and Eller cases, which is fine with all parties (including the NFL) and saves a little in costs.
- Ryan Mallett is visiting the Niners Monday.
- Could Mike Mayock be headed to the NFL Network booth?
- Over the weekend, the Buffalo Bills honored their former linebacker, London Fletcher, for his on-field and off-field character.
- Jim McMahon says the Bears handled the Jay Cutler knee injury poorly during the NFC Championship. McMahon thinks the team should have released a statement during the game saying Cutler was unable to return.
- Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean asks, “Can the Titans find another Munchak with the 8th pick?” We assume Wyatt is referring to Munchak the Hall of Fame offensive lineman, since teams can’t select coaches in the draft.
- Terrell Owens was recently at Tennessee State for a charity basketball event.
- Thanks to a slow news day, we had an excuse to visit The Onion in search of a funny NFL headline. Here’s one: “Report: NFL may end lockout by hiring scab owners”
- Michael Vick advanced past Patrick Willis in the Madden ’12 cover tournament.
- NFLPA executive committee member Scott Fujita praised the NFL for being such a good spin machine. (Be mindful of Judge Nelson’s gag order, Scott.)
- Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette says there is no draft buzz around the Steel City right now. In fact, Bouchette believes there was actually more draft buzz two months ago.
For more NFL news, rumors and analysis, follow @cbssportsnfl on Twitter and subscribe to our RSS Feed .