Got a link for the Hot Routes? Hit us up on Twitter (@CBSSportsNFL).
- Tom Brady, as you will see about 5,000* times over the next few hours, is going to cry on television soon. A certain four-letter sports network got him to weep on camera about his sixth-round selection back in 2000 and, well, it's a heart-wrenching story about how tough his life's been. Or maybe he just likes to cry a lot? After all, the gents over at Tauntr.com did happen to catch a montage of him sobbing over the recent booting of Pia from "American Idol."
- Matt Leinart just spent a year as the third-string quarterback with the Houston Texans. And while that might seem like something that would make a man depressed, the former Heisman-Trophy winner claims he's rejuvenated.
- Joel Thorman of Arrowhead Pride talked to Scott Pioli recently, and the Chiefs draft board is basically, um, done.
- Chan Gailey of the Bills appears to be quite high on the talents of linebacker -- and plaintiff! -- Von Miller out of Texas A&M. Seeing him go at No. 3 to Buffalo wouldn't be a shock at this point.
- The Falcons are going to work out linebacker Akeem Ayers -- back-to-back first-round linebackers seems like a stretch, but, hey, you never know.
- According to Tim Leiweke, the CEO of AEG and therefore a primary investor in the downtown L.A. stadium effort, the NFL will "double" its rights fees in the next television contract negotiations. Yowza.
- John Clayton, former Seahawks beat guy and generally plugged-in Seattle fella, doesn't think Matt Hasselbeck will be coming back to play for Pete Carroll and Co in 2011.
- Adam Caplan of FOX Sports has a nice list of the most-hyped draft picks of all-time.
- We'll obviously have (much) more on this when the full preseason schedule is announced, but the Cleveland Plain-Dealer is reporting that the Browns' preseason opponents will be Green Bay, Detroit, Philadelphia and Chicago.