Posted by Josh Katzowitz
- It’s interesting that a large percentage of players wear helmets that don’t do a very good job of reducing the risk of concussions. The players choose their own helmets, and many do so based on comfort and familiarity, NOT on the latest technology that will help reduce brain injuries. Which is a problem.
- CBSSports.com’s own Mike Freeman has the astounding, yet somewhat predictable, news that players and coaches have been keeping in contact during the lockout. Check it out. Freeman’s reporting here is very strong.
- Might the Dolphins coaching staff be looking to re-implement the Wildcat offense? Some of their recent actions suggest that very thing.
- Apparently, before the Eagles drafted a kicker, David Akers had a dream that the Eagles would draft a kicker.
- One man’s opinion on why the Falcons’ trade with the Browns for Julio Jones at last month’s draft was actually a good move.
- Meanwhile, Browns coach Pat Shurmur thinks that trade was the greatest draft day trade in the history of mankind. Jeez, settle down, chief.
- So, why didn’t the Seahawks take a quarterback in last month’s draft? Well, according to coach Pete Carroll, the team couldn’t afford to take a quarterback in lieu of forgoing other team needs.
- Here’s how social media users view the lockout.
For more NFL news, rumors and analysis, follow @cbssportsnfl on Twitter and subscribe to our RSS Feed .