Posted by Josh Katzowitz
- There are many of us think it’s deplorable for teams to gut staff or send their lowest-level employees out on unpaid furloughs (even if it might make good business sense) during the lockout? Well, it also makes Steelers LB Larry Foote mad. Said Foote in the Pittsburgh Post Gazette: "I don't know who they're trying to fool. How the heck are they laying people off? I don't get that part. That ain't right right there. That's affecting people's lives; they're not making millions of dollars, many of them are going check to check. It's the first time I actually got mad when I read that the other day. They're going too far. That's ridiculous now. The owners are starting to make themselves look like the big companies that move people outside the country. I'm not talking about the Rooneys, I know what they're cut from."
- Also in the above article, Pittsburgh NT Chris Hoke said he thinks 90 percent of the league’s veterans are OK with the lockout. Said Hoke: “I want to be in training camp, but, if we're not going in now, when's the last time I could go work out 3-4 hours in the morning and have the afternoon with my wife? Never."
- Mazel tov to Cowboys QB Tony Romo. He married Candice Crawford – a former Miss Missouri USA and a Texas-based TV reporter – on Saturday. As you can tell from the photo at right, she is also very pretty.
- Panthers owner Jerry Richardson to Pro Football Weekly about No. 1 pick Cam Newton missing offseason workouts: “The Panthers are going to be like everybody else and (Newton's) going to be like everybody else, so we all have to adjust and deal with what we have to deal with. I'm not really overly stressed out about it, personally."
- CBSSports.com’s own Len Pasquarelli writes about the how and why the two sides of the labor dispute actually could agree about the monitoring of social media
- Is your dream to play a flag football game with Patriots QB Tom Brady? Well, now there’s a chance you actually could.
- So, did Rams WR Mardy Gilyard actually demand a trade from St. Louis? He says no and points to the fake Facebook page that originally declared it.
- Vikings rookie QB Christian Ponder heard that Trent Dilfer has been criticizing him, and he responds in kind. But he keeps it classy.
For more NFL news, rumors and analysis, follow @cbssportsnfl on Twitter and subscribe to our RSS Feed.