Posted by Josh Katzowitz
- The Sports Business Journal reports today that NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith made $2.45 million last year and that his current term ends next March. Depending on how this lockout plays out, I wonder if he’ll get much opposition for another term.
- What happens if Lions DE Ndamukong Suh has a sophomore slump? Will his offseason extracurricular activities and his absence for most of the Lions player-led workouts be labeled as one of the reasons why?
- Though CBSSports.com’s own Pete Prisco made it pretty clear that Steelers S Troy Polamalu is the most overrated player in the league, USA Today calls Polamalu the best safety around.
- Before the NFL Draft, Jets RB Shonn Greene didn’t know what the team had planned for him next year. But after coach Rex Ryan announced he would be the main guy in the backfield, Greene said he now knows the kind of confidence his coaches have in him.
- It’s clear that Titans rookie QB Jake Locker will need some veteran help at that position in 2011. Could Kerry Collins be the guy to help mentor Locker?
- AEG is doing everything it can to woo a team to Los Angeles, but the Bills are not on the immediate list for relocation. However, the Buffalo News points out that when owner Ralph Wilson dies the organization could be a viable candidate to leave Buffalo.
- The Giants 1986 Super Bowl-winning team celebrated its 25th anniversary last weekend. And even Patriots coach Bill Belichick was there (and he got cheered by fans!).
- 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh is optimistic about the labor situation. He thinks a deal can be done by early July.
For more NFL news, rumors and analysis, follow @cbssportsnfl on Twitter and subscribe to our RSS Feed.