Posted by Ryan Wilson
- Come again? We think it goes without saying that Nnamdi Asomugha is a better corner than, say, the Steelers' Ike Taylor -- but apparently not. Using facts and common sense, Shutdown Corner's Doug Farrar takes the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review's John Harris to task for suggesting that Taylor is better than Asomugha.
- Nice bow tie. Last week, LaMarr Woodely unveiled his list of the top NFL linebackers. Yes, it was heavy on Steelers and former Michigan players. Tuesday, Dhani Jones had his turn. And not only did he rank himself No. 7 but ahead of Lance Briggs and Brian Urlacher, who was left off the list altogether.
- It counts. We mentioned earlier today that the Dolphins should pass on Terrelle Pryor because of the recent Pat White failed experiment. White was out of the NFL after one year, but it looks like he will soon resurface with the UFL's Virginia Destroyers.
- Still wanted: QB. Pat White may not have been the answer (and Pryor almost certainly isn't), but according to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, the Dolphins' first order of business once the lockout ends will be finding a veteran QB to compete with Chad Henne.
- We need Matlock. If there's something we can all get behind it's that the lawyers shouldn't be allowed in the room during CBA negotiations. PFT's Mike Florio offers up yet another reason to lock out the lawyers: money (shocking, right?).
- Not surprising at all, really. Beanie Wells says he was surprised the Cardinals drafted running back Ryan Williams in the second round. That makes one of us. Silver lining: Wells says, “This is definitely going to be my year without a doubt.” Which should come as a relief to whoever ends up under center in Arizona.
- I knew him when he had hair. Titans offensive coordinator Chris Palmer has known Matt Hasselbeck (and the Hasselbeck family) for 25 years. This could be good news for Jake Locker.