Posted by Ryan Wilson
- When quarterback Carson Palmer said he would retire if the Bengals didn't trade him, owner Mike Brown didn't budge. And Brown still hasn't. But NBC Sunday Night Football analyst Cris Collinsworth, who played for the Bengals in the 1980s, thinks Brown will eventually cave and try to move Palmer.
- Wade Phillips says what everybody with even a passing interest in the Texans already knows: Cornerback Kareem Jackson "needs a lot of work … technique-wise." Alternatively, Houston could just try to sign Ike Taylor or Nnamdi Asomugha.
- The Miami Herald's Armando Salguero tweets that QB Vince Young is in South Florida to get "face time w/ Fins people."
- When the Chiefs drafted WR Dwayne Bowe, he showed up to camp overweight. Their newest first-round wideout, Jonathan Baldwin, didn't even show up on the "diva radar" of ESPN's AFC West blogger.
- The Bears don't have a prototypical No. 1 WR, but Johnny Knox will be out there when the season begins. And there's a chance that Earl Bennett could be the other starter.
- Panthers rookie QB Cam Newton tries to sell Steve Smith on staying with the Panthers. "There's Carowinds and … well, that's it."
- Ravens coach John Harbaugh says that rookie second-round WR Torrey Smith will have to "earn his stripes and earn his spot." Translation: Smith will need to give 100 percent and take things day to day.