Posted by Ryan Wilson
- Bucs CB Aqib Talib has a trial date: March 26, 2012, which means that his legal suit won't be settled until after the season. This is good news for his chances of playing in 2011, but bad news because Roger Goodell likely still looks forward to suspending him.
- The man who wrote Chad Ochocinco's biography in 2005 now says that Chad's more about his brand than football. Get outta town.
- Sports Illustrated's Jim Trotter tweets that the Cards will try to trade for Kevin Kolb and the name he's hearing "will surprise you." Prepare accordingly.
- Things that won't surprise you (but make you laugh nonetheless): Washingtonian readers Redskins owner the "worst local villain." He finished ahead of Marion Barry (!). And the worst local athlete? Albert Haynesworth, who was signed by … Dan Snyder.
- Remember how incensed Josh Cribbs was about that parking ticket? Well, he's requested a continuance so that he can work on a pilot for a reality television show.
- We wouldn't call this going out on much of a limb, but ESPN St. Louis' Tony Softli thinks that Sam Bradford is "primed to make a huge impact on the NFC West and the NFL in 2011."
- There had been some discussion in recent weeks that Marc Bulger was happy being an NFL backup. Len Pasquarelli writes that Bulger "still has the fire to play" as a starter.
- Bills first-round pick Marcell Dareus mows the lawn to cover his rent. This is what happens when you live with your godfather and everybody refers to him as "Sergeant."