Posted by Josh Katzowitz
- On the first unofficial depth chart of the season, the Redskins have listed as their No. 1 QB……. Rex Grossman. So, there’s that, Redskins fans.
- Is free agent WR Terrell Owens still a possibility to return to the game when his ACL is completely healed? It’s certainly not out of the question.
- What kinds of consequences will Titans DB Cortland Finnegan have to face after missing practice last weekend because he was unhappy about his contract (and then lying to his fans about it)? Sounds like the team management will forgive, but might not forget.
- Anthony Gonzalez isn’t exactly sure how many NFL players are taking HGH, but he’s pretty sure that those players are out there, lurking in the shadows. Said the Colts WR to the Indianapolis Star: "How many guys are on it, that's hard to say," Gonzalez said. "It could be 10, it could be a hundred or more; either way, it's too much. But around the league, you see guys on Sunday, and things don't add up; they don't look right. I see guys I saw in college, now they're in the NFL and they look totally different."
- Between the second and third preseason games, the Saints will move their training camp to Oxnard, Calif.
- The relationship between newly-minted HOFer Richard Dent and his former coach, Mike Ditka? Yeah, not too good. Ditka didn’t show for last weekend’s induction ceremonies, and Dent didn’t mention Ditka in his speech.
- Browns DE Marcus Benard bulked up about 25 pounds during the offseason because he thought that would make him more effective. Funny thing about that. The coaches disagree and want him to lose the weight.
- Hey, Curtis Painter: the battle is on to see if you’ll stay as Peyton Manning’s backup in Indianapolis. Apparently, Dan Orlovsky wants Painter’s job.
- As a brief aside, we hit the 10,000th follower on our Twitter feed today. Many, many thanks to those who made it possible.