Posted by Josh Katzowitz
- Looks like Chargers LT Marcus McNeil will miss the first two preseason games after undergoing arthroscopic surgery to remove bone spurs from his knee. "It’s one of those things if you were working through May and June," Norv Turner said, "some of that gets out of the way earlier.”
- Assuming an Atlanta doctor clears him Thursday, Giants DE Osi Umenyiora could return to practice Monday. It’d be nice for him to get back on the field and to find a little bit of closure.
- In case you were wondering, yes, former Titans RB Eddie George believes Tennessee should pay current RB Chris Johnson and pay him well.
- Steelers rookie Baron Batch tore his ACL at practice Wednesday, and the Pittsburgh Post Gazette wonders if it occurred because the team practiced on artificial turf. Remember, Heinz Field is natural grass, because the Steelers believe it cuts down on injuries.
- As we’ve all been taught, pimping ain’t easy. Especially if you’re the guy who set up Lawrence Taylor with his prostitute.
- After being suspended for all of last year for violating the league’s substance abuse policy, former Falcons DB Jimmy Williams has been reinstated by the league.
- The Dolphins would prefer their fans NOT to post videos of practice online, thanks very much. You know, the whole competitive disadvantage thing.
- By bringing in WR Roy Williams to Chicago, where does that leave Bears WR Johnny Knox? Probably not in the starting lineup for the time being. “He just has to get better. He has to play better,” offensive coordinator Mike Martz said.
- 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh believes that his rookie QB Colin Kaepernick is the most game-ready of all the rookie QBs out there this year.
- Former Browns LB Matt Roth has signed a one-year, $3 million deal with the Jaguars. Good signing for Jacksonville, which is in desperate need of pass rushers.
For more NFL news, rumors and analysis, follow @EyeOnNFL on Twitter and subscribe to our RSS Feed.