As Tigers fans, and general baseball fans alike we have seen the ups and downs of the detroit tigers team this year. it's had more flips loops, twist, hills, valleys, and peaks then every Cedar Point roller coaster combined.But as i have been to more then my share of games and watched just about all of them, I can plausibly list 7 reasons as to why the Tigers will march to a central division crown.
- Finally a ligit top 3 pitching group.........with Verlander, Galarraga, and Rogers have been solid over the last month and a half.
- Potent offense...............1-6 hitters have been doing what they do best table set(Granderson, Polonco), and deliver(Guillen,Ordonez,Cabrera, Thames/Joyce)
- Electrifying bullpen...............The Rodney we knew is back and Zumaya is great as long as guitar hero stays away, Dolsi, Lopez, and CO> have picked up empty slack as well.
- Solid bench..................Inge, Thames/Joyce, Rayburn, Santiago,Sheffield have been absolute dynamite when they've gotten their chances. Combine that with the other Hens getting shots and delivering they may have one of the best benches in basball.
- The willingness to deal............ Dave Dombrowski is a fearless GM he will trade when needed and will hold his cards forever if need be. i in particualr see him making at least 2 moves, one to at least bring in a pitcher someone ala Freddy Garcia, and don't be shocked if the tigers make a push for Huston Street. Everyone says the Tigers dont need a closer but they do, if they dont get Street now then they will get K-Rod in offseason. Pudge back to Marlins is also a possibility, Florida has been calling about him, hell lets bring Andrew Miller back.
- Offseason trades starting to pay off............... Regardless of what anyone says Miggy has been carrying this team on his back, i bet that deal doesnt look so bad now, Dontrelle who?
- Never say die attitude.............. this team wont quit on any given day or in any given inning, and that attitude alone gives them the chance to win game in and game out.