Got a link for the Hot Routes? Hit us up on Twitter (@CBSSportsNFL).
- Our good friend Doug Farrar at Yahoo!'s Shutdown Corner decided to put together the 2010 Midseason "No-Pro" Team. Yes, it is a group of players who have been terrible on the football field this year. You may be surprised by the name at quarterback (CUE THE VIKING HORN!) at the top of the list. Lots of people will argue that the platters of putridity in Carolina and Arizona top anything Brett Favre's done, but as Doug notes, if you put a Peyton Manning or Philip Rivers in charge of that offense, the Vikings would dominate, and that's the definition of LVP.
- NOLA.com whipped up a pretty cool infographic of the New Orleans Saints and their various playmakers.
- Kent Babb of the KC Star has a great read on how Todd Haley was inspired by climbing a mountain. I expected wakeboarding, but this is more plausible I guess.
- The Chargers' PR machine is "grinding" away trying to make people think that A.J. Smith isn't a stubborn, egotistical jerk. (Hey: bring him on our podcast, San Diego!)
- Lindsay Jones of the Denver Post points out that Josh McDaniels finds controversy everywhere he goes, whether he wants it or not.
- Tim Kawakami (writing in the Boston Herald?) is correct in noting that if the Raiders take down the Steelers today, that they'll be the "talk of the league."
- Darin Gantt says Steve Smith's future with the Carolina Panthers is uncertain. Although, really, that sentence is just a fill-in-the-blank at this point.