Posted by Josh Katzowitz
- In 2006, the Browns reached out to former Ohio State coach Jim Tressel to see if he’d possibly be interested in taking over their head coaching position. Even though Jim Brown was the one who made the original exploration, apparently, Tressel never was interested. I wonder if he’d be interested today.
- Seahawks coach Pete Carroll made his first public comments about the BCS stripping USC of the 2004 national championship. Strangely enough, he didn’t seem all that contrite about it. "Just watch the comments of the players," Carroll said in an interview on 710 ESPN. "They know who won, who didn't. [Matt] Leinart and Lofa Tatupu and those guys, they all know. The whole thing is so unfortunate."
- Former Chiefs great Christian Okoye penned an opinion piece for the Kansas City Star asking the owners to end the lockout for the fans.
- After being cleared of assault in a civil trial, Panthers LB Jon Beason has been acting as the de facto Carolina defensive coordinator during the player-led workouts.
- When the Colts meet up for player-led workouts, QB Curtis Painter is the one taking all the snaps. That’s because Peyton Manning, after May 23 surgery, still isn’t throwing.
- If you asked Patriots RB Kevin Faulk what the word “retirement” meant, he couldn’t give you an explanation. That’s because he says that word is not in his vocabulary (ahem, the Patriots might have a dictionary handy).
For more NFL news, rumors and analysis, follow @cbssportsnfl on Twitter and subscribe to our RSS Feed.