Got a link for the Hot Routes? Hit us up on Twitter (@CBSSportsNFL).
- LaDainian Tomlinson's been the story of the Jets rushing attack so far this season (yes, his dominance outweighs how terrible Shonn Greene has been). But the tides could be turning -- Rex Ryan wants to see a "more balanced" split in carries (anticipating about 50 carries a game) between Greene and Tomlinson going forward. RB coach Anthony Lynn points out that Greene -- whose YPC is up near 4.8 in recent games, while Tomlinson's is under 4.0 -- is "built for November, December, January." It makes sense, particularly if the Jets can get some separation in working towards a playoff spot, because there's no reason in wasting LdT during meaningless games of the regular season.
- Ben Roethlisberger thinks that Tom Brady is just "probably the greatest in the game right now." Which is nice of him.
- Kurt Snibbe does this annual thing at Page 2 where he redoes the NFL logos based on performance. (For instance, the Panthers are not a more dangerous form of feline.) It's pretty freaking hysterical and I suggest you check it out.
- Commissioner Roger Goodell told Rich Eisen last night that he thinks it's a "mistake" to wait until the last minute to negotiate a new CBA. Clearly, this is correct. It's just odd that he's not trying to get both sides to the table in a more speedy fahsion.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Raheem Morris isn't sweating his contract status (he's a free agent after this year, technically). But don't worry, he likes it that -- and even does his best Paris Hilton imitation, calling it "hotter" -- and who can blame him at 5-3?
- How safe is Mike Singletary's job in San Francisco? Tim Kawakami's already putting together a list of potential replacements.
- Dom Capers, who's killing it with a depleted Green Bay defense this season, isn't inclined to talk about head coaching jobs right now.
- Joe Flacco believes the Ravens left "a little bit too much time on the clock" for the Falcons Thursday night. This is technically correct, but, and I really hate to agree with Joe Thiesmann here, if you can get six when the Ravens got six, you take the points.