Posted by Andy Benoit
- Larry Fitzgerald stinks – STINKS! – at baseball. And he knows it.
- In other Larry Fitzgerald news, he organized team offseason workouts at Arizona State. Kent Somers, a highly respected Cardinals beat reporter, says that five years ago, the idea of Fitz (an admitted loner early in his career) exerting this kind of leadership would have been almost laughable.
- Because they’re playing in the Hall of Fame game, the Bears and Rams will both get an early start on training camp.
- Jerome Simpson, wide receiver of the Bengals, is training hard this offseason. There’s a chance the underachieving second-round pick could be in contention for a starting job in 2011.
- Jamal Lewis is offering $3 million to purchase the shuttered Maui Sands waterpark in Erie County, Ohio.
- Jaguars offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter and defensive coordinator Mel Tucker held a film session for 500 Jags fans. Koetter took the fans through four offensive plays. Just how revealing was the film? Well, one of the plays Koetter showed was the Hail Mary against Houston – not exactly the most complex X’s and O’s the sport has to offer.
- Good headline from the Miami Herald: “The joke that is the pre-draft press conference”.
- Matt Light and his fellow New England resident Peter King hosted a lockout breakfast to raise money for charity. (And no, the charity did not benefit players who can’t handle their money.)
- Here’s a great glimpse into some of the offseason workouts of Texans Connor Barwin and Owen Daniels.
- Ray Lewis talks about regularly visiting the hood.
- Could the Steelers be looking at Baylor nose tackle Phil Taylor?
For more NFL news, rumors and analysis, follow @cbssportsnfl on Twitter and subscribe to our RSS Feed.