Posted by Josh Katzowitz
- John Fox brought an orange tie to his interview with the Broncos on Wednesday. And after getting delayed by weather twice earlier this week, Fox finally actually made it to Denver. So, what separates him from the other Broncos candidates? "I've been doing it. I have a plan, whether it's a bye week schedule, a training camp schedule. It's not my first rodeo, so to speak," Fox told the Associated Press. "So, I think I do have a blueprint to do it. We've had success, some years more than others. But you know the full body of work I think holds a blueprint for success."
- If you have a pool on who will be the Browns next coach, you might want to slide your money over to a Pat Shurmur pick.
- Cowboys LB Keith Brooking has an interesting theory about why Jerry Jones wanted to hire Jason Garrett to be Dallas’ head coach. He didn’t want Garrett to remind him of Sean Payton.
- Naturally, Steelers WR Hines Ward thinks Pittsburgh S Troy Polamalu is slightly better than Ravens S Ed Reed. But that doesn’t mean Ward doesn’t respect Reed, because he absolutely does.
- And while we’re talking about Polamalu, the NY Times does a nice job on the spiritual side of the guy with the best hair in the league.
- The difference between Patriots coach Bill Belichick and Jets coach Rex Ryan … when it comes to teleconference calls with reporters.
- An interesting video on how Texans DE Mario Williams will have to adjust while playing in Wade Phillips’ 3-4 defense. Basically, Williams will have to get used to moving around.
- More on why the Broncos new social media strategy is pretty awesome .
- The Steelers Lounge caught up with Merril Hoge about this weekend’s Steelers-Ravens game.
For more NFL news, rumors and analysis, follow @cbssportsnfl on Twitter and subscribe to our RSS Feed .