Got a link for the Hot Routes? Send it to Twitter (@CBSSportsNFL).
- Jesse Holley, former UNC football player and winner of a Cowboys roster spot vis-a-vis Michael Irvin's reality show could end up getting called up to the actual roster soon. It's a pretty cool story, like a "Rudy Does Dallas" or some such. And Irvin is proud of him, obviously.
- Eric Mangini is "leaning towards" Colt McCoy as his starter. Which makes total sense, considering he has no one else to use. SMH.
- Albert Haynesworth is back with the Redskins now -- he was scheduled to return today, and various reports on Twitter confirm it.
- Oh goodie. Chad Ochocinco is going to talk MORE trash on the field. Clearly, the only way to get his swagger back (that's what the kids say, right?) is to run his mouth more. That'll stop Carson Palmer from throwing interceptions for sure!
- Apparently, Jay Cutler has suffered like five concussions since his days at Vanderbilt. That's just what happens when you party harder than everyone else, though, bro.
- Earlier this week, Greg Jennings got pretty upset about the fact that he hasn't been seeing the number of catches/targets that you would expect from a guy who's topped 1,000 yards for two straight years. Totally understandable, ESPECIALLY FOR HIS SEETHING FANTASY OWNERS. Ahem, anyway, he apologized, but, seriously, please throw him the ball.
- Go read Mike Tanier's secret dialogue between David Carr, Alex Smith and Mike Singletary in the Walkthrough.
- Jaxon at Cat Scratch Reader takes a peak at how the Panthers offense is a "statistical nightmare." Yup, that seems about right.
- This isn't a comment on the lives/behavior/whatever of either Mark Sanchez or Tim Tebow, but it's kind of weird to think about Sanchez hosting Tebow when the Florida star visited Southern Cal. In fact, I wish someone would write a script for that night on the town.