Posted by Josh Katzowitz
- Good news for the Rams: QB A.J. Feeley is feeling healthy. Oh wait, that doesn’t matter. He’s not going to start any way. Not with Sam Bradford feeling good. "I've said all along, it was going to be his job — it was just a matter of when." Feeley told the St. Louis Post Dispatch. "It was kind of predicated on when he was ready. And he's ready.”
- Cowboys LG Kyle Kosier and RT Marc Colombo continue not to practice in Dallas. It’s becoming less and less likely that they’ll play the team’s season opener against Washington.
- Another offensive line story, this one out of Jets headquarters. Matt Slauson has beat out second-round pick Vladimir Ducasse for the starting left guard spot heading into Monday night’s game vs. the Ravens. I’m sure Slauson will be welcomed warmly by Baltimore’s defensive linemen, namely Kelly Gregg and Haloti Ngata.
- Roger Goodell recently said he wants a new labor deal to be done in March. NFL Players Association executive director DeMaurice Smith countered that by saying he wants a new agreement signed by November. NFL.com has the full story.
- Good lord, Tony Dungy just won’t let go of this Rex-Ryan-curses-too-much storyline. Enough already, man.
- When Keith Bulluck signed with the Giants in the offseason, it was thought he would replace Jonathan Goff at the middle linebacker spot. But Goff had a good training camp, and now, New York is rewarding him by making him the starter (and moving Bulluck to the outside). Goff seems honored.
- Speaking of the Giants, things are not going well between RB Brandon Jacobs, who just lost his starting spot to Ahmad Bradshaw, and the front office. In effect, Bradshaw says, Jacobs is feuding with team management. Jacobs, though, says everything is cool between him and Bradshaw – who, it should be noted, has started just one time in his four-year career.
- Ask around the Bengals locker room, and in some players’ eyes, there’s no question. They’d rather have Carson Palmer at quarterback than anybody else in the league. Of course, what would you expect them to say? That they’d rather have Tom Brady leading their team? Of course not.
-Panthers linebacker Thomas Jones hasn’t given up on playing this season, despite suffering his second ACL tear within a seven-month period. Jones said he’s on course to be back by mid-season.
-Even when Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti called on his quarterback to be even better this year, that hardly fazed Joe Flacco. Why is that? Maybe, the nickname the Baltimore Sun’s Mike Preston has bestowed upon him can give you an idea: Joe Cool.
- Champ Bailey and the Broncos are talking about a four-year contract extension.
For more NFL news, rumors and analysis, follow @cbssportsnfl on Twitter and subscribe to our RSS Feed .