NFL teams worked their way down to 53-man rosters on Saturday. But even as of Sunday, there were a pile of surprise cuts and signings that we were still processing.
So too goes the news cycle on Labor Day, when NFL teams are not taking the day off, but rather beefing up their roster in preparation for the opening weekend of football that's coming in less than seven days (!!!).
Bookmark this page and don't forget to check out CBSSports.com's Rapid Reports for the latest roster news and updates.
- The Texans waived linebacker Jessie Nading and added guard Thomas Austin and punter Brett Hartmann.
- The Dolphins have signed tight end Donte Rosario and offensive lineman Ryan Cook, corresponding with the two releases mentioned below.
- The 49ers announced that they signed quarterback Scott Tolzien following his release from the Chargers.
- The Dolphins released linebacker A.J. Edds and center Joe Berger.
- The Panthers released offensive lineman A.J. Davis.
- The Browns announced the signing of offensive lineman Artis Hicks and waived offensive lineman Pat Murray.
- The Cowboys also have signed seven of their eight practice squad players: safety Akwasi Owusu-Ansah , cornerback Mario Butler , linebacker Orie Lemon , fullback Shaun Chapas , utilityman Isaiah Greenhouse and wide receivers Teddy Williams and Andre Holmes.
- The Cowboys signed veteran guard Derrick Dockery, to give their offensive line more depth.