Posted by Will Brinson
Got a link for the Hot Routes? Hit us up on Twitter (@CBSSportsNFL).
- Vince Young thought his season was over when he left the field on Monday night. That's understandable, especially considering how close Young appeared to being seriously injured when he fumbled a snap, recovered the snap and then tried to get up and run with the ball even after his knee hit the ground. Instincts and athleticism and whatever aside, there's only one option at that point in time for any NFL quarterback: fall on the freaking ball and lay there, praying you don't get smushed.
- Randy Moss' daughter has a scholarship offer from Florida to play basketball. How on Earth she doesn't have an offer from every school in the country (donations, fame of alumni, sheer athleticism upside) is beyond me.
- Arian Foster has signed with Boombah, according to Darren Rovell. Here's a link to what happens when you Google "Boombah," just to save you some time. Kidding -- it's awesome that a great guy like Foster is having a big season and making some more money.
- Sean Payton was apparently running his mouth against the Buccaneers on Sunday. That seems karmically foolish for the same reasons as pointing and laughing at your seven-year-old cousin when you block his basketball shots is mean. Or something.
- The Bears dropped defensive end Charles Grant and added Barry Turner. Based on the length of time Grant and Mark Anderson stayed in Chicago, Turner probably shouldn't buy a condo or anything.
- Mike Tomlin is "all in favor of player safety" but thinks that James Harrison got a raw deal on his $75,000 fine.
- This may come as a surprise, but Jacksonville Jaguars fans are about as happy with Jack Del Rio as anyone who played against Chris Johnson in fantasy this week.
- Davone Bess is now the highest-paid slot receiver in the NFL -- because, you see, Wes Welker is no longer a "slot" receiver with Randy Moss gone. No word on whether or not the Dolphins will eventually ship Bess to New England for next to nothing.
- The Packers are experimenting with grass, man. And lights, brah. But not in the way that will get you a heat-check fly-by from the Feds. They just want less Frozen Tundra.
- Turns out Mlles Austin leapfrogging Roy Williams didn't incur any penalty. It was Sam Hurd and Roy flashing the "hook 'em horns" sign after the score. Really? You'd think the league had bigger fish to fry. Like helmet-to ... er, nevermind.