Posted by Ryan Wilson
Got a link for the Hot Routes? Hit us up on Twitter (@CBSSportsNFL)
- CBSSports.com's Clark Judge wrote Monday that the lockout could end as soon as July 19, and today, PFT's Mike Florio says that July 17 is the new target date. At this pace, the lockout will be officially over by Thursday.
- Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez gave a Jets fan an extra ticket to the latest Harry Potter joint. (We're disappointed Sanchez didn't have a lightning bolt tattooed to his forehead, too.)
- This should interest those NFL teams looking ahead to the 2012 NFL Draft. CBSSports.com's Rob Rang says that Stanford's Andrew Luck has the mental aptitude of Peyton Manning.
- Soon-to-be Hall of Famer Marshall Faulk was roasted recently at an event in St. Louis.
- It shouldn't come as much of a surprise that the list of the 25 least valuable NFL players includes names like Darrius Heyward-Bey, Derek Anderson, Aaron Maybin, and Jake Delhomme.
- Hines Ward denied allegations that he was driving drunk but he reportedly blew a 0.128 on something called an Alco-Sensor FST test, which is above the Georgia legal limit of 0.08.
- Browns first-round pick Phil Taylor paid his own way to take part in the team's informal minicamp that began Monday.
- Eagles 2010 first-round pick Brandon Graham thinks he'll be cleared to practice in September after recovering from an ACL injury he suffered during his rookie season.
- Giants safety Antrel Rolle doesn't think it will take players long to get back into football shape once the lockout ends.
- Barry Sanders admits that it would have been nice to win a Super Bowl but adds, "I don't know what else I could have done." He also says that "I would never say that (I was better than Emmitt Smith). He was too great of a player, and I loved competing against him.”