Posted by Josh Katzowitz
- Jets C Nick Mangold’s beard is pretty good. But it pales in comparison to Steelers DE Brett Keisel’s creation (see picture to the right to bask in its gloriousness).
- A newer, faster, less sticky way to procure your beer at a football/baseball/rodeo/curling event? Sign me up and color me impressed. This is today’s must-read, by the way. Via Dan Wetzel at Yahoo! Sports’ The Postgame.
- Hopefully, the apology by Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio officially ends this Aaron Rodgers/cancer patient controversy once and for all.
- Former Lions WR Charles Rogers continues to have problems keeping his houses from not going into foreclosure. This time, he owes about $421,000 for a condo in Birmingham, Mich.
- A circuit court judge in Tampa has ordered former Buccaneers DL Chidi Ahanotu to give up his 2002 Rams conference championship ring, as his ex-wife tries to recover from him $130,000 in legal fees. Naturally, this news did not make Ahanotu very happy.
- If you believe trash-talking fires up the other team or if you think Rex Ryan is trying to take pressure off his players with his continued proclamations, Ross Tucker of ESPN.com insists you’re completely wrong.
- Gene Huey, who surprisingly was fired Tuesday as the Colts RB coach after 304 games, almost immediately received an offer for the same job with the Vikings. He’s considering it.
- Minneapolis Star Tribune columnist Jim Souhan writes he’d rather have Packers coach Mike McCarthy on the sidelines than Vince Lombardi. An … um … interesting perspective. Writes Southan: “Clearly, McCarthy is the better coach. But in the interest of even-handedness, we have to give Lombardi this: He was the better dresser.” This is what we call the “minority voice.”
- The Chicago Tribune reports Bears S Chris Harris will miss practice today with the injured left hip he suffered vs. the Seahawks. Harris seems pretty adamant about playing this weekend, though.
- I wonder if Brett Favre can try to hijack major league baseball as well. A link to the MLB Facts & Rumors blog. I also think those boys are taking a shot at us.
- Apparently, there are quite a few different ways to spell Chicago (my old Cincinnati Post buddies could think of at least one). The Green Bay Press Gazette came up with another attempt.
For more NFL news, rumors and analysis, follow @cbssportsnfl on Twitter and subscribe to our RSS Feed .