Posted by Andy Benoit
- In talking about franchise tagging Haloti Ngata, John Harbaugh casually referred to the lockout (the same way you might casually refer to next week….as in, it’s inevitable).
- Bet you $10,000 that you can’t guess which three Packers will be ringing the bell at the NYSE Wednesday . Here’s a clue: one of them is Charles Woodson…you still won’t guess the other two. (If you don’t feel like clicking the link, you’ll find the other two players listed at the bottom of these Hot Routes.)
- The Seattle Seahawks are the only team to use the franchise tag in each of the previous four seasons (and not all of them were on Walter Jones, either!).
- Jaguars DE Aaron Kampman (knee) and RT Eben Britton (shoulder) are on pace to return this summer .
- Shaun Rogers is touring the NFL, looking for a landing spot before the CBA runs out. He visited the Chiefs on Tuesday and is scheduled to meet with the Saints Wednesday.
- The Denver Broncos have resumed contract negotiations with cornerback Champ Bailey. How's it going? Bailey says he's putting his house on the market.
- Even though they’re a publicly owned franchise , the Packers cannot opt out of a lockout should the NFL go in that direction. Loving their team, unfortunately, is not enough to give shareholders any true power.
- Colt McCoy and his dad are writing a book .
- Someone made a Detroit Lions version of Chrysler’s Eminem Super Bowl commercial . (And no, it’s not humorous, unfortunately.)
- Ahmad Bradshaw underwent ankle surgery (par for the course with this guy).
For more NFL news, rumors and analysis, follow @cbssportsnfl on Twitter and subscribe to our RSS Feed .