Excellent question -- after all, it's Black Monday (the first Monday after the NFL season ends) and that means people are getting canned left and right. This year may be uglier than ever, so we suggest you bookmark this page and stop by as we'll update it every time there's breaking news.
- 9:30 AM Josh McDaniels (!) could be the backup plan in San Francisco if/when the Dolphins snake Jim Harbaugh.
- Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross and his top men flew to California Wednesday and are reportedly prepared to make Harbaugh the highest-paid coach in the NFL.
- 2:03 PM John Elway tells the Denver Post he will ask for permission to speak to Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams and Giants defensive coordinator Perry Fewell.
- 1:06 PM Browns defensive coordinator Rob Ryan will likely become the fourth head coaching candidate for Carolina, assuming Cleveland gives the Panthers permission.
- 9:59 PM Oakland has informed Tom Cable that it won't pick up his optio n for next year, meaning he's out as Raiders coach.
- 8:46 PM The Raiders have given the 49ers permission to speak with Oakland offensive coordinator Hue Jackson for the San Francisco head coaching job. Also, in that same post, we discover 49ers defensive coordinator Greg Manusky will interview for the Panthers head job.
- 6:45 PM The Cowboys will interview their second minority candidate in Dolphins secondary coach Todd Bowles. He's also a former Dallas assistant, and he might gunning for the Cowboys defensive coordinator job.
- 6:05 PM Former Cowboys coach Wade Phillips has found a new job in an old home - he's been named the defensive coordinator in Houston . Maybe.
- 5:27 PM Add Rams offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur to the mix in Cleveland. Shurmur has strong relationships with those in the Browns front office.
- 3:00 PM Marvin Lewis and Mike Brown were negotiating a new deal (reportedly) and things soured (reportedly) to the point that Lewis walked off campus and his future with Cincy is in "serious jeopardy."
- 2:00 PM Want more Harbaugh? Good, because there's a report he'll get 'significant personnel power' if he joined the 49ers.
- 1:00 PM Jerry Richardson and Marty Hurney held a press conference in Charlotte Tuesday and all indications seem to be they'll hire a current assistant coach (again).
- 12:30 PM The Broncos announced they'll interview Atlanta OC Mike Mularkey on Friday .
- 11:15 AM Marvin Lewis is now, somehow, inexplicably (and reportedly , mind you) staying with the Bengals.
- 10:45 AM Jim Harbaugh and the Dolphins have had contact according to a report and it "could happen." Tony Sparano still has a job, yes.
- 10:00 AM San Francisco requests permission to interview Oakland OC (and possible head coach!) Hue Jackson
- 9:30 AM Jim Harbaugh is "unlikely" to take the Michigan job if he leaves at Stanford. So, um, yeah, welcome to the NFL.
- 6:30 PM Bud Adams is still undecided on Jeff Fisher's future with the Titans
- 5:30 PM Jack Del Rio officially kept in Jacksonville , but he gives up defensive playcalling.
- 3:45 PM Leslie Frazier is officially Minnesota's head coach .
- 3:30 PM Perry Fewell is expected to interview for the Panthers and Browns jobs.
- 12:45 PM: John Fox addressed the Carolina players for the final time , left the building, and had his name removed from the website. The Panthers are expected to interview Ron Rivera .
- 11:00 AM: Wayne Weaver declines to talk about Jack Del Rio's status; meeting Monday
- Sunday: Jeff Fisher meeting with Bud Adams Monday
- Sunday: Tom Cable out in Oakland ?
- Sunday: Jason Garrett the fave in Dallas
For more NFL news, rumors and analysis, follow @cbssportsnfl on Twitter and subscribe to our RSS Feed .