Posted on: October 7, 2010 9:42 am
Edited on: October 7, 2010 9:42 am
Posted by Josh Katzowitz
- We’re going to try to keep the Randy Moss chatter to a minimum (the chances of this happening? Um, 15-20 percent?), but first, Vikings coach Brad Childress said the trade for Moss had nothing to do with where Sidney Rice is in his rehab from hip surgery. The chances of people believing that statement. Um, 15-20 percent?
- Titans CB Cortland Finnegan shows some (false?) bravado by “inviting” Broncos QB Kyle Orton, who said after last week’s game that Tennessee was a dirty team, to Nashville to visit him.
- When Michael Vick returns to health, Eagles coach Andy Reid said he’ll be the starting quarterback once again. Funny, I seem to remember Reid saying something similar about Kevin Kolb after he suffered a concussion in Week 1. And how’d that work out for Kolb?
- Arizona needs to figure out its QB situation if they want to have a chance to keep Larry Fitzgerald for the long term.
- For some reason, new Panthers WR David Clowney felt the need to call out the Jets organization for its short-sightedness on him. “Maybe being here, I can actually get an opportunity to run different routes and get involved as a full, complete receiver,” he said.
- Free agent QB Chris Simms is due back in court today for a hearing on his charge of driving under the influence of marijuana. Simms had been with the Titans before the team released him last month.
- For those who care about what Patriots fans think about the Moss trade, here’s your chance to read about it. For those who don’t care, here’s your chance to ignore a fan story about Randy Moss. Choose wisely.
- Cardinals RB Beanie Wells and coach Ken Whisenhunt finally had a meeting about Wells’ playing time.
- Brett Favre might want to avoid checking out Deadspin.com tomorrow. It might not be very pretty. Here's the NY Daily News' take.
For more NFL news, rumors and analysis, follow @cbssportsnfl on Twitter and subscribe to our RSS Feed .