Posted by Josh Katzowitz
- Eagles DT Mike Patterson -- who collapsed in a scary situation two weeks ago -- returned to the team Saturday. He saw four specialists for his arteriovenus malformation diagnosis, and he’s been cleared to play football again. Coach Andy Reid said he’d be cautious with Patterson and slowly work him back into the lineup.
- It’s official: Cardinals rookie RB Ryan Williams is done for the season with a ruptured patella tendon in his right knee, suffered Friday night.
- Lions RB Jahvid Best says he’s not concerned about the possible head injury he suffered against the Browns on Friday. “It was nothing bad, but I just wasn't feeling right so they told me to sit down,” Best said.
- CBSSports.com’s Clark Judge explains why this year will be the year for the rest of the AFC South to crack the Colts hold on the division title.
- Patriots coach Bill Belichick explains why he played RB Danny Woodhead so late in the team’s preseason game Thursday. But he doesn’t have an update on Woodhead’s potential head injury.
- This can’t sit all that well with Eagles fans. The team has re-signed Reggie Wells, a backup guard last year. That might mean Philadelphia isn’t exactly a Dream Team yet, particularly on the offensive line.
- Cowboys owner Jerry Jones isn’t sure when Cowboys owner Jerry Jones will be inducted into the Cowboys Ring of Honor. Apparently, Jones hasn’t done enough to secure the vote of Jones.
- An interesting column by the New York Daily News detailing why everything that’s occurred in the Giants feud with DE Osi Umenyiora could have been avoided.
For more NFL news, rumors and analysis, follow @EyeOnNFL on Twitter and subscribe to our RSS Feed.