Posted by Josh Katzowitz
- Hall of Fame tight end Pete Pihos, one of the first tight ends used as a receiver, has died at the age of 87. He’s considered by some to be one of the best all-around players in NFL history.
- Once again, the name of Denver’s football stadium has been changed. If you really want to know what its new name is, click this link I suppose.
- And speaking of the Broncos, here’s something else Denver recently cut loose. That would be new Rams offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels. And he appears to be having some fun in his new job.
- If Jets QB Mark Sanchez wants to take a run at beating up his coach, Rex Ryan feels pretty good about his chances. After all, he sports a spiffy 1,000-0 record
- Though he’s unlikely to play in Washington’s preseason game Friday, it’s big news that Redskins RB Ryan Torain returned to practice Wednesday.
- It’s a good day to be Caleb Hanie. That’s because Bears offensive coordinator Mike Martz said that Hanie, pretty much no matter what, will be the No. 2 QB. Unless his arms falls off or something.
For more NFL news, rumors and analysis, follow @EyeOnNFL on Twitter and subscribe to our RSS Feed.