Posted by Andy Benoit
- Jim Trotter of Sports Illustrated says teams are willing to trade a first-round draft pick for Kevin Kolb. But not all teams seem as certain about meeting the 26-year-old quarterback’s contract demands in 2012.
- Thanks to the new screen at Charlotte Motor Speedway, Jerry Jones’ ballyhooed screen is about to become the world’s second largest HD display.
- Some are speculating (merely speculating) that Kris Jenkins could return to Carolina.
- It’s not all negative news in the NFL these days.
- Get your Hines Ward Dancing With the Stars update right here. (Or, instead of clicking the link, you can just visit the Bingo room at your nearest community center and ask the senior citizens that make up 99 percent of the show’s audience about the smiley Steelers receiver.)
- NFL players have put a specific number on how much they want the league to pay in punitive damages for revenue that was left on the table from the NFL’s 2009 and 2010 TV deals. That number? It was redacted from court documents. Judge David Doty will hear this issue May 12.
- Was it cool for DeSean Jackson to appear on NFL Network during the lockout?
- Larry Johnson wants a change of venue for his upcoming lawsuit trial stemming from the 2008 incident where he allegedly spat his drink on a lady. The former Chiefs running back doesn’t believe he can get a fair trial in Kansas City.
- Simeon Rice wants to get back into the NFL, but his movie career (and 37 years of age) might get in the way.
- Citizens of Los Angeles will have a chance to voice their thoughts about AEG’s impending NFL stadium project. (This begs the question: are Los Anglesites capable of thinking about anything NFL-related?).
For more NFL news, rumors and analysis, follow @cbssportsnfl on Twitter and subscribe to our RSS Feed .