Got a link for the Hot Routes? Hit us up on Twitter (@CBSSportsNFL).
- Our pal Dan Shanoff has put together an "Anatomy of a Rumor" piece on Brett Favre possibly appearing on "Dancing with the Stars." This is the most we'll write about it, because it's not happening, but Shanoff's piece absolutely deserves a read.
- Mike Mayock, my favorite non-CBSSports.com draft analyst, has some good words of caution for those falling in love with Cam Newton: "the best pro day I ever attended for a quarterback was JaMarcus Russell."
- This is somewhat un-NFL-related, but it's still a great listen, as Jonah Keri invites Richard Deitsch onto the "Jonah Keri Podcast" to talk about sports media, Twitter and the (at some point) Super Bowl. Now I just sit back and wait for my invite, Mr. Keri. Ahem.
- Mark Sanchez led the NFL in dropped interceptions with 15 (!!!). For those of you wanting to crown his butt.
- Go read our own Mike Freeman's column on the lockout. No, seriously, go. NOW.
- Is Michael Oher the first author ever to include the title of the movie made about the book about his life in the title of the book about his life?
- Wes Welker appeared in a Vitamin Water ad congratulating Ray Allen for his all-time three-point record and he somehow managed to squeeze a Rex Ryan foot joke in his shoutout. So awesome.
- NFL.com writer Vic Carucci mentions that Chan Gailey likes Cam Newton "a great deal." Please let him go No. 3 overall. Please.