Posted by Josh Katzowitz
- Former Buccaneers DE Simeon Rice is trying to jumpstart his career. No, not his NFL career. That’s long gone. Instead, he’s getting into film directing.
- Larry Johnson, set to go on trial for allegedly spitting a drink on a woman at a bar in 2008, thinks he can’t get a fair jury trial in Kansas City. Any place, his attorney said, would be better than Kansas City.
- Good news for Eagles legend Chuck Bednarik. He’s been released from the hospital with a clean bill of health.
- Apparently, Ravens S Tom Zbikwoski isn’t the only Ravens player who can handle himself in a fight. Watch how Kelly Gregg (a three-time state wrestling champion in Oklahoma) and Arthur Jones (a two-time state titlist in New York) go after each other in this video. With Ray Lewis on the play-by-play.
- Washington QB Jake Locker participated in his Pro Day on Wednesday and completed 38 of 40 attempts against the air (his only two misses came on 50-yard passes). But not everybody is convinced he’s going to be a star. Analyst Michael Lombardi thinks Locker is a project and wouldn’t draft him before the third round.
- ESPN New York reports Giants C Shaun O’Hara underwent his second surgery of the offseason this week to clean out his left ankle and Achilles. Earlier this offseason, he had surgery on his right foot.
- One of the more interesting storylines of the NFL draft will be about Clemson DE Da’Quan Bowers, his balky knee and which team will take a chance on him. Some analysts are saying he’s off a couple teams’ draft boards completely because of failed physicals.
- Since former Ravens QB coach Jim Zorn was fired, QB Joe Flacco spoke out against the move, saying he wasn’t happy about the transaction. That’s cool with owner Steve Bisciotti. He likes the fire shown by Flacco.
For more NFL news, rumors and analysis, follow @cbssportsnfl on Twitter and subscribe to our RSS Feed .