Got a link for the Hot Routes? Hit us up on Twitter (@CBSSportsNFL).
- Wade Phillips is probably a bitter dude right now -- not only did his team totally give up on him, but the guy (Jason Garrett) that Jerry Jones hired to help Wade seemingly feigned offensive incompetence for the entire time Wade was in charge, only to "discover" his genius after taking over the team. Anyway, Wade's not going out like that, yo. He said he'd take a defensive coordinator position in the future and also pointed out that he "went out with the same winning percentage as Tom Landry."
- John Harbaugh says that he could limit Ray Lewis' snaps in order to extend his career. Which, by extension, extends his success this season.
- How many more coaches could the Packers get fired this season? (High end is three, but still, that would be five!)
- The Giants are scrambling for help at wide receiver because of all the injuries they've suffered this year.
- Bengals FS Chris Crocker and DE Frostee Rucker were added to the Bengals' IR list. This surely won’t help their defense.
- The NFLPA began sending out letters to individual states, warning them they could lose millions of dollars in lost jobs and revenue if the owners lock out the players all next season.
- Former Clemson standout James Davis (when he and C.J. Spiller played together they were filthy) tweeted that he's back on the Redskins roster: "The cuffs has been taken off the beast." Indeed, James, indeed.