Posted by Josh Katzowitz
I hope you were awake late last night to catch the Darrelle Revis saga unfold. I was heading to bed about 12:45 a.m. when I happened to check Twitter one last time. And then all hell broke less. Just because you probably were asleep, here’s what Clark Judge wrote about why the Jets organization was at fault here and here’s what I tapped out about how the organization now truly is a Super Bowl contender.
- This video might get lost in the shuffle today, but credit former Cowboys star and Hall of Famer Dan Hampton for creating some kick-ass analogies. Unfortunately, they’re entirely inappropriate. In doing analysis for Pro Football Weekly’s TV show, he said the Cowboys “think they’re Clint Eastwood. They’re more the Brokeback variety, if you know what I’m talking about.” Then, he said the Vikings “need to go down and hit (New Orleans) harder than Katrina.” All you can say is “Wow.” And “ugh.”
- Buccaneers starting QB Josh Freeman’s sprained thumb has progressed to the point where he can take snaps from center Jeff Faine. He reported no pain while taking the full-speed snap. That’s obviously great news for the Bucs.
- Vikings coach Brad Childress is a little tired of talking about the Vikings backup QB situation. He referred to the constant questioning as discussing, in great detail, Twins catcher Joe Mauer’s backup. It’s not at all the same thing, but whatever.
- Vikings receiver (and migraine sufferer) Percy Harvin declared Sunday that he’s ready to play some football. He also expressed confidence in the plan he’s on that will help him deal with those debilitating migraines.
- The Dallas Morning News asks if 13-year veteran Keith Brooking still has it. Apparently, he does. Said Brooking: "I still have it. Sometimes it takes a little more effort to bring it to the surface, but I feel really good."
- Tramaine Brock entered 49ers camp as a safety after earning a signing bonus of $250. Until one day he looked at the Internet and - discovered San Francisco had him listed as cornerback. The rookie free agent longshot made the 53-man squad this weekend (as a cornerback, of course) – not bad for a Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College and Bellhaven (Bellhaven?!?) standout.
- One last one: Pro Football Talk writes FB Tony Richardson, cut by the Jets on Sunday, could be back with the team as early as today.
For more NFL news, rumors and analysis, follow @cbssportsnfl on Twitter and subscribe to our RSS Feed .