Posted by Josh Katzowitz and Andy Benoit
Got links for the Hot Routes? Follow us on Twitter or send an email to josh [dot] katzowitz [at] cbsinteractive [dot] com.
- Donovan McNabb will sit out Washington’s third preseason game due to a sprained ankle. FB Mike Sellers also will be out.
- San Diego running back Ryan Mathews has undergone a procedure that would stop his nose from bleeding during games. The procedure sounds less than appetizing.
- Don’t say that Jaguars WR Jarett Dillard isn’t specific. In this article, Dillard explains exactly how many receptions he wants to make this season. That number is 67.
- Yesterday we wondered why the Redskins would sign Tyrone Carter given the team’s depth at safety. Now we know. Starting free safety Kareem Moore is expected to be out four to six weeks after undergoing arthroscopic surgery Monday to repair a torn medical collateral ligament in his right knee.
- Ravens OT Jared Gaither doesn’t need surgery, but he’s not going to rush back, either.
- Well, at least Patriots RB Lawrence Maroney, who has just eight carries in two preseason games, has kept his sense of humor .
- Pisa Tinoisamoa may win the strongside linebacker job in Chicago after Nick Roach underwent minor knee surgery Tuesday.
- Jimmy Clausen is practicing but may battle a sore right big toe all season.
- Wondering which team will log the most travel miles in 2010? The answer: San Francisco, with 35,219 (thanks, in part, to the London trip).
- Kellen Winslow (or, since he’s a member of the Bucs, Kellen “Losefast”) may not play at all this preseason . He’s healthy – Raheem Morris just has no need to evaluate him at this point.
For more NFL news, rumors and analysis, follow @cbssportsnfl on Twitter and subscribe to our RSS Feed .