Posted by Ryan Wilson
Got a link for the Hot Routes? Hit us up on Twitter (@CBSSportsNFL)
- CBSSports.com's Mike Freeman thinks "a handshake agreement on a new collective bargaining agreement will happen next week, not on Thursday or Friday." Either way, that's welcome news.
- ESPN.com's Matt Williamson thinks Shawne Merriman "is done." In that sense, he should complement former Bills first-rounder Aaron Maybin nicely.
- Redskins QB update via CSNWashington.com blogger Rich Tandler: "I would say there is zero chance that the Redskins are interested in [Jimmy] Clausen. Think they would rather go with who they have." Washington should subscribe to the addition-by-subtraction personnel philosophy more often.
- Ricky Williams' chances of returning to the Dolphins are only slightly better than Clausen's chances of ending up in DC.
- Steelers beat reporter Ed Bouchette thinks Ike Taylor will re-sign with Pittsburgh but isn't "100 percent" sure.
- We thought this went without saying since the Broncos spent a first-round pick on Tim Tebow a year ago, but the team has no interest in a poor man's Tebow, aka Terrelle Pryor.
- Like most fans, Patriots linebacker Jerod Mayo has given up following the day-to-day goings-on of the lockout. We don't blame him.
- It took a while, but Joe Flacco finally admitted that he would've said the exact same thing Steelers linebacker LaMarr Woodley said about him last month.
- Former Broncos third-rounder Maurice Clarett and former Jags first-rounder Reggie Williams have been added to UFL rosters.