Got a link for the Hot Routes? Hit us up on Twitter (@CBSSportsNFL).
- Yesterday, we brought you the heroic story of something about Vince Young. Today, Matt Leinart, VY's nemesis (or something), is competing for a backup job! Yay, Matty! But seriously, couldn't you see the Texans reeling off a couple wins in a row, playing decent defense, making everyone think they're contending for the division and maybe more and then suddenly Matt Schaub's leg gets crushed in a freak bad snap play followed by every single Texans fan realizing that Leinart's their starting quarterback? Except Gary Kubiak, who thinks Leinart has the "it" factor.
- Speaking of dudes who just can't get a job as a starter in the NFL, Bobby Carpenter got cut. Again.
- Remember the trading deadline yesterday? Well it passed, and someone got dealt: Alex Magee from Tampa to KC. Don't get too excited.
- A New York Times reader is jumping in the concussion debate, op-ed style, with a piece titled "How I Became a Head-Hunting Defensive Back."
- Drew Brees' new baby's name? Bowen Christopher Brees. I eagerly await an explanation for why it's not "Brinson."
- Some random folks who don't want to see football disappear because of a lockout started the Twitter account @NFLLockout. The NFLPA then asked for it in exchange for some Michael Vick posters or something, they declined and the NFLPA called Twitter and demanded to get the account. And Twitter gave it up.
- The NFLPA has also fired up NFLLockout.com -- they're going all kinds of viral, y'all.
- Ignore the standard convictions that Roy Williams of the Cowboys is terrible and just look at the numbers -- guy is putting up monster numbers this year.
- We'll probably post separately on this later, but Chris Chase at Shutdown Corner does a great job of pointing out that Rodney Harrison's sudden 180-degree turn on dirty play in the NFL is a bit transparent.