It's like Christmas times eleventy billion. Anyway, follow us on Twitter (@CBSSportsNFL) and feel free to suggest links you'd like to see here.
- People like to attach Josh McDaniels' "legacy" to Tim Tebow. How about we tack it onto Alphonso Smith instead? There's a chance that he could be cut and that's pretty bad, folks -- remember that McDaniels traded a first-rounder to move up in the second round and grab Smith waaay too early. That pick ended up being Earl Thomas for the Seahawks. So, um, ouch.
- Since it's the start of football season (college anyway) and since Jay Cutler won't play tonight against the Browns , I nominate someone to come up with a delicious new drink called the "Todd Collins." Perhaps it could just be a "Tom Collins" with severely aged grapefruit juice?
- This is an NFL blog, but again, football is here people. Which is why I suggest you get amped to Spencer Hall's musical selection .
- John Beck signed an extension yesterday . We could have written something on it, but he'll only see action when Donovan McNabb inevitably breaks down in Week 10.
- Wanna know who's gonna be on the Jaguars roster other than Maurice Jones-Drew? Jaguars.com has a good breakdown .
- Football Outsiders' Aaron Schatz revists the "7 rules" they live by . They are good rules and make logical sense. Read them.
- A good reason to watch the Panthers' Thursday night game: Tony Pike and Hunter Cantwell will battle it for the No. 3 QB spot according to Steve Reed . That may sound somehow less exciting than Matt Leinart's latest trade status, but remember that this team has suffered some QB injuries in recent years that forced both David Carr and Vinny Testaverde onto the field. No. 3 quarterback matters here.
- No Dez Bryant on Thursday night, which means he'll make his debut in the regular season. Jerry Jones' excuse : 'he's got some conditioning work to do.'
- Bob Glauber of Newsday discusses talked with ex-Giant Antonio Pierce, who "just [doesn't] see the energy" in the team this year. He also calls them "just another team" -- what's the deal with former Giants getting television jobs and ripping their old teammates these days?